You are here: 九游娱乐平台下载home page → About Us → Our Approach
It is easy for a metal stockholder to say that they are different but can such bold claims be substantiated? In Smiths Advanced Metals case, the answer is most definitely yes!
Smiths Advanced Metals operates around 8 dedicated mission statements. Many of these statements which are facts about how are busy is structured and performs, are totally unique to us. Essentially we can demonstrate why, for example our quality systems are so good, or why our supply chain is so efficient.
To find out more simply click on one of the numbered category buttons below:
Pick a Category:
#5 Added Value Services
About SMI (Supplier Managed Inventory)
Why are we so different?SMI allows us to create bespoke supply arrangements for our customers which makes the entire supply chain process more efficient
Modern business platforms tend to fall short in terms of adequacy to meet the ever growing needs of modern procurement and supply demands. Smiths Metal Centres recognised this fact many years ago and have invested heavily in the development of a modern, industry leading bespoke system which is modular in design.
Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) dramatically improves supply chain efficiency and in the metals industry is a unique concept only available through our company. In essence, it is the effective stockholding, processing, acquisition and control of stock for customer metals and plastics requirements. The net result is slick delivery, smooth flow and a tailored solution which caters for your business needs. SMI also affords major cost reductions and relief largely from utilising this process which is passed directly on to you.
How do we achieve this?
Unique Bespoke SystemOur system is industry leading and unique to the metals supply sector, and is a system which offers us 100% control and at the same time offering you, the customer, exceptional vision.
This is married with a highly robust quality management system which is fully compliant with engineering and other market sector standards. We link your part number / product code to our own product description producing a fusion of key parts. Our customers are then able to share a detailed vision of their own stock requirements.
In simple terms, we open up our system securely to you so you can interact with us in terms of visibility, stock requirements, retrieving test certificates and allowing you to take an active part in the management of the supply chain process.
Core Benefits of SMI
- Reduced costs in administration, Goods Inwards, inspection and other business areas
- Reduced costs in holding stocks and insurance of that stock
- Increased space availability which can be utilised for other functions
- Use of our MRP system for usage control and economic batch replacement
- Fully secure, 24/7 access over the internet available to selected employees without the need for additional software
- The ability to use agreed processes using your own part numbers, to order new stock or progress existing orders and to monitor existing stock levels as well as current and forward order stock purchase visibility
- Bespoke labelling and packaging. We can produce bespoke bar codes which reference your own part number and link directly to our product description
- Direct access to all POD information including sub-contractor deliveries
- Full access to and use our own UKAS accredited test house and metallurgists
- Direct delivery to machine side / drop zone negating the need for delays at Goods Inwards
- Bar code stock which is fully traceable including every off cut
- Full mill certification linked to every single delivery and available for immediate download 24/7
- Delivery via our own dedicated vehicle fleet
For more information about Smiths Advanced Metals and to receive a competitive quotation for your business, please CLICK HERE to contact us.